As you may already know, there are no gimmicks or secret methods to get your profile verified. With that said, there are many things you can do to increase your odds of getting verified on TikTok or any other social media website.
Before we get started, it’s important to mention that not everyone is eligible for verification. Platforms emphasize how only specific categories of companies and individuals can obtain the verification badge.
Who is eligible for verification? #
What social networks don’t tell you is that there are specific categories that have priority over others when it comes down to the verification status. Some of these categories are celebrities, public figures, politicians and musicians.
Other categories are penalized, making it way harder for them to obtain the verification status. A notoriously “difficult” type is crypto-related accounts. Specific categories, such as unofficial fan pages, cannot be verified on most social networks.
Some examples of eligible accounts #
- Artists (ranging from painters to photographers)
- Multinational companies
Any real person and business can get verified without necessarily being a public figure. Submitting the request on your own can yield unwanted results, like being entirely ignored by the platform.
Ideally, you should either apply through a private media portal or purchase your social media verification from Ormosis for guaranteed results. Please note that even though we can exponentially improve your odds of being verified, we can not make miracles (unless you are purchasing a Youtube or Spotify verification, in that case, we can indeed make miracles).
Some examples of ineligible accounts #
- Pets accounts
- Fictional characters (unless business-owned)
- Parody accounts
- SMM accounts
- Hateful/discriminatory accounts
What are the requirements? #
Although there are usually no explicit requirements regarding the number of followers and “fame”, social media websites have more than a few rules regarding account verification eligibility.
Most platforms (such as Instagram, Twitter and TikTok) have a clear list of requirements on their website. The requirements are very similar to each other; they mainly consist of the account’s authenticity and activity.
In short, there are seven main requirements in no specific order:
- Your account must be active. While TikTok says that “your account must have logged in within the past six months“, other platforms are much more exigent in terms of activity.
- Your account must be public. There are exceptions to this rule. However, platforms such as Twitter and TikTok do have this requirement.
- Your account must be authentic. That is representing a real person, business or entity. The “hidden rule” of privileged categories still applies.
- Your account must be in good standing. Usually, that means that your account should not have received any violation during the past 12 months. It goes without standing that your content must fully comply with the platform’s Terms of Service, as the account will be manually inspected before being granted the badge.
- Your account must be complete. Again, there are exceptions to this rule. Most platforms require your account to have a completed profile with a name, profile picture, biography, and at least one post.
- Your account must be notable. This is a very flexible requirement, as it will depend on your niche and business entity. Local businesses might find it easier to pass this requirement, while gamers might need more followers and press coverage.
- Your account must be secure. Last but not least, your account must (or should, depending on the platform) be safe. In other words, your account should have a verified phone number, email address and two-factor authentication enabled.
What are some ways to get verified? #
As we mentioned earlier, there is no magic formula to getting verified on TikTok, Twitter or any other social network. However, if you follow these tips, your odds of being granted a shining blue badge increase exponentially.
- Stay active. It is advised to post at least once a week and
- Engage with the community. This is especially true for your own community, those who follow you and interact with your content. But it is also true for the platform’s community and other content creators.
- Don’t cheat. If your ultimate goal is getting verified, do not buy fake followers. Most platforms do not take into consideration sponsored or paid media.
- Build an honest reputation outside the platform. This is a critical factor that not many take into consideration. Ideally, you should already be verified on one or more platforms. If you are starting from zero, find legitimate ways to be mentioned in online articles and websites.
- Get yourself a Wikipedia page. It’s easier said than done, but if you can get your hands on your personal Wikipedia page, you are halfway done with getting a verification badge. That will require a reliable writer/contributor that does this for you.
- Provide more references. Are you making a movie? Get an IMDB page. Are you a dentist? Collect and showcase testimonials. Get. More. References.
- Grow your followers count. Although this is one of the last factors taken into consideration, it also plays a role in the success of a verification request. Certain platforms, such as Twitter, outright mention the importance of the number of followers in certain categories.
- Be creative. Post more engaging content, find ways to grow your community outside the platform and let the people talk about you on the internet, whether it’s a podcast or a YouTube video.
This long journey will require months, if not years, to get you verified. If you fulfil all these requirements, it’s time to request and claim your verification blue check mark.
If you don’t fulfil these requirements (and perhaps you never will), there still are other ways to get verified on your platform of choice. We will discuss this later on this page, keep reading or scroll down to the next chapter.
What to do when the verification request gets ignored or denied #
It’s common for social networks to completely ignore verification requests due to the massive amount of requests submitted daily. Most people don’t bother to read the requirements, let alone guides, to get verified on Instagram and other social media platforms.
Don’t be shocked if your request gets either ignored or denied, as this is very common. The requirements are very high, and specific categories are much harder than others in terms of prerequisites. Still, even if you fail, you should not give up on your quest to get your profile verified.
Those who are looking for the “easy route” and those who do not fulfil all of the requirements listed above may still be able to get their hands on the infamous verification badge. How? Connections.
Where to buy social media verification for your page #
That’s right, you can find almost anything and anyone on the internet if you know where to look for them. If money can buy doctor degrees (which is a real, real shame), they can definitely buy a verification badge for your social media pages.
Ormosis provides social media verification as a service. We have an arsenal of tools and insider contacts that can help you gain more media exposure, get VIP treatment from social networks and finally obtain the blue check mark that most people spend years pursuing in less than a month.
We do not work with everybody. Before purchasing, you will need to fill out a questionnaire to see if you are eligible for our service and receive a price quote. This service is dedicated to companies and individuals with a solid budget, as quality always reflects our prices.
Are you ready to get your hands on the blue badge? Visit our social media verification services for more information regarding requirements (which are always lower than the platform’s official requirements), methods and estimated wait times.
Getting verified on social media requires a lot of sweat, money or both. We can make this process easier for you by providing everything you need to be eligible for verification. Visit our verification services for more information.